Food p0rn mostly. I like to cook grain-free/gluten-free/low carb meals. If I get my act together, maybe I'll even link some of the recipes.

27 July 2013

A "Junk Food" Breakfast


All those years of being taught what's healthy for you?  Throw that out the window.  I indulged in what I now consider an "unhealthy" breakfast comprised almost entirely of carbs.

Toast with homemade coconut butter (which is delicious) and fruit.  Conventional wisdom says this is healthy and good for you.  Paleo and other low-carb philosophies say, this is crap.

But every now and then, this is just what I feel like eating.  And that's okay.  This bread also wasn't gluten-free, which is bad too.  But for whatever reason, this company's bread doesn't make me react funny (most affordable at Costco).

Of course, that all being said, this is still healthier than eating a packet of Pop-Tarts, which I did do back in the day.  It's amazing how my views have changed since learning about paleo and low-carb.  Sugar (in most forms) is the enemy, not fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment